Monday, July 14, 2008

Following Consternation & Speculation… The Subject Speaks

Brett Favre: “OK, you guys have a different path, fine. What does that mean for me? So that means either you give me my helmet, welcome back, or release me, or attempt to trade me. We all know that's a possibility, but way-out-there possibility. And he [Coach Mike McCarthy] says, 'Well, playing here is not an option, but we can't envision you playing with another team, you know, either.' And I thought, so basically, I'm not playing for anyone if I choose to come back.”

“Them moving on does not bother me. It doesn't. I totally understand that. By me retiring March 3, I knew that could possibly happen. All I was saying is, you know, I'm thinking about playing again. You know, the bottom line is, I may not play anywhere. But we have thought of all those things. We have thought about it.”

“You're telling me playing there is not an option, but playing elsewhere, we just can't -- we're trying to protect your legacy. Well, thank you. I appreciate that. But apparently now, they're trying to protect my legacy by bringing me back and having me be a backup. Boy, that is really good. If you move on, you tell me one thing, don't come back and tell the public ... just say it, 'You know, we've moved on and we'll work with Brett on whatever it is. Don't make up a lot of stuff or give half of the truth.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home