Saturday, July 12, 2008

Amidst Speculation, Packers Respond

General Manager Ted Thompson: “We've communicated that to Brett, that we have since moved forward. At the same time, we've never said that there couldn't be some role that he might play here. But I would understand his point that he would want to play. We don't know what role that would be. He can come back as an active member of the Green Bay Packers. I don't want to deal in hypotheticals. Brett is still retired. I know that there has been a lot of publicity about him being released, but if he applies for reinstatement, he will go back on the Green Bay Packers active roster and we will deal with it then.”

“We don't know where everything is going to go. It's been a distraction. It's been a distraction for our fans. I'm trying to stay steady and do the right things for the Packers and do the right thing for Brett Favre. I care about the legacy of Brett Favre. I care about the legacy of the Green Bay Packers. Quite frankly, it's a little gut-wrenching as an organization to go through it, and certainly for Mike [McCarthy] and myself. This stuff hurts a lot of people. I mean, it hurts. I'm not talking about physically hurting, but the sensitivity. We understand where the fans are coming from. This is a hot-button issue that surpasses anything I've ever gone through.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home