Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tim Russert: A Father’s Passing

On Friday, Tim Russert passed away. Russert was a magnificent journalist. He was a political icon. Yet, his worth exceeded analyst, bureau chief, and moderator. Despite his influence, Russert was every man. He was a father, husband, and son. He was not someone we watched. He was someone we knew. Paraphrasing Senator Ted Kennedy, “Tim need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life; to be remembered simply as a good and decent man.”

For myself, Russert’s death is haunting. On May 21, 2006, my father passed away. Akin to Russert, his work ethic was exceptional. Akin to Russert, he had lifestyle and weight issues. I could spout platitudes. Instead, I will simply state the obvious. I miss my father. I will miss Tim Russert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home