Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ocho Reconsiders

Chad Johnson: “Am I coming back? Of course I am. I told my coaches I'm going to California to act, but the truth is I may come back to the Bengals as early as June. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid.”
“If we want to be like Indy and New England, we have to pay and bring in some difference-makers on defense. Our offense is fine. But if they're fussing about paying a guy like me, a guy among the best in the league, you know damn well the Bengals aren't gonna supply the defense with what it needs. So I just said, 'If we aren't gonna do what we need to make us win -- can I please leave?' It's simple. I just told 'em: 'If y'all won't change, then I have to.’”
“Look how well I've done while talking every week and calling people out and making things so hard on me with all this attention. I've been thinking a lot lately about what I could do if I just played and didn't talk. Things would be a whole lot easier on me. And think of the numbers I could put up. Then what would people say about me?”
“It's the reinvention of Ocho Cinco. I'm dead serious. People need to take me as I am because I just don't give a [expletive] anymore. That's how I'd sum up my attitude for the next season.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home