Friday, April 04, 2008

New York Makeover

On Wednesday, the New York Knicks hired Indiana Pacers President Donnie Walsh. According to Walsh, he is not a savior. “I'm not the great new hope. I'm just a guy who's going to come in and try to create a team,” he said. “And it's not going to happen overnight, so I don't want any illusions. But I think it has to get better right away. I think the people in this city that are paying money to go to games; they've got to see a competitive team. They've got to see a team and I think they have to see a team that makes sense that they can say, 'OK, this could get better.' There has to be a direction, which I think is difficult to do.”

During Isiah Thomas’ presidency, the Knicks record is 129-229. Walsh may not be salvation. Yet, he is an obvious improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home