Monday, April 21, 2008

Kobe Revision: I Love LA

Kobe Bryant: “I've always wanted to be here. I just felt like I was in a position where I didn't really have a choice. They wanted to go in an opposite direction. My legs aren't as young as they used to be. Just let me know. I love the weather. I love my '63 drop-top Impala. I love the 405 [freeway]. I love my guys.”

“I've been sitting on this for four years now. After three or four years of not getting anything done, to see it today, it feels pretty damn good. It's been a hell of a ride.”

“No, I just don't talk about it. These are answers I've given all year long. I love this team. If they want to win right now, I'm all for them. That's all I've said the whole time. We have a job to do here, so it's important to focus on what we're doing and not get distracted from that.”

“I don't want any big stories. The journey we've been on is fun. It's been a blast. With that being said, we play for titles. We want to win the championship. We'll be disappointed if we don't. But if it does happen, we'll regroup and go at it again. We've got some great pieces here. Now it's time to put it all together. We get that big fellow [Andrew Bynum] back down there and we'll really be rolling.”

“Maybe. It takes pressure sometimes to make a diamond. In hindsight, yeah, that was my strategy. I'm going to get my Phil Jackson on and say I planned it all along.”

“On the serious side, I learned a lesson, which is you have to separate business from the love of the game because there were a lot of decisions that were made business-wise that I wasn't happy with. I took a lot of the blame for a lot of the stuff they were doing. It didn't sit right with me. It still doesn't sit right with me. But you have to be able to separate that from the love that you have for the game of basketball and the respect that you have for your team.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home