Friday, April 18, 2008

Ford: Championships Are Job One

On Thursday, Oklahoma State hired Massachusetts Coach Travis Ford. Concerning his objectives, Ford was blunt. “My goals are to take this Oklahoma State basketball program to a national championship. That's why I'm here and that's what I look forward to doing. I’m not a guy that before the season sets out goals that we want to do this, we want to do that. Every single year, we're trying to make the national championship. Every year, that's my goal. Are you going to do that every single year? Probably not every single year, but that's our goal every year.”

During his career, Ford has amassed a 123-116 record. In Eastern Kentucky (5 seasons), Ford racked a 61-80 record. In Massachusetts (3 seasons), Ford registered a 62-35 record. “I was looking for an opportunity where I could go and win a national championship,” Ford said. “I wanted my next move to be a place where I could raise my family and be there for a while and not a place where I wanted to go and move somewhere else and make another stop.”

Ford and Sean Sutton are similar. Both were point guards. Both experienced the Final Four. Hopefully, Ford’s coaching results will be dissimilar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home