Monday, March 17, 2008

Rattled Rocket: Clemens, Congress Clash

Roger Clemens: “I have never taken steroids or HGH. No matter what we discuss here today, I am never going to have my name restored.

“Andy Pettitte is my friend. He was my friend before this. He will be my friend after this and again. I think Andy has misheard. I think he misremembers.”

Henry Waxman (D-CA): “We found conflicts and inconsistencies in Mr. Clemens' accounts. During his deposition, he made statements we know are untrue. They don't disagree on a phone call or one meeting. If Mr. McNamee is lying, he has acted inexcusably and he has made Mr. Clemens an innocent victim. If Mr. Clemens isn't telling the truth, then he is acting shamefully and has smeared Mr. McNamee. I don't think there is anything in between.”

Elijah Cummings (D-MD): “It's hard to believe you, sir. I hate to say that. You're one of my heroes. But it's hard to believe.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home