Monday, October 22, 2007

Torre Speaks Truth

Joe Torre: “The fact that somebody is reducing your salary is just telling me they're not satisfied with what you're doing. Two years certainly, I think, would have opened the door to have further discussion but it never happened. There really was no negotiation involved. I was hoping there would be. But there wasn't.”

“If somebody wants you to do a job, if it takes them two weeks to figure out, yeah, I guess we should do or we want do this, then you're a little suspicious. If somebody wanted me to manage here, I'd be managing here.”

“There was no response other than, you know, they had a business to run and this is the way they felt it was best to do it. I'm not sure if I'm in a position to recommend anybody. I just lost my job. They've both been exposed to what goes on there. And if either one of those are offered the job and they say yes, they're certainly going in with their eyes wide open.”

“I'd like to believe that with a new manager, a new legacy starts. To expect a new manager to come in and right away get lucky like I did in '96 is a little unfair.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home