Thursday, August 23, 2007

Kraft Expresses Blank Support

Robert Kraft: “I feel sorry for Arthur [Blank] because I know it could happen to any one of us. You can see how Arthur could have become enamored with Vick. He's an engaging young man, a great athlete. It's all part of a learning curve as an owner. I've been there. I've made my mistakes in that regard. I don't know how a lot of our players spend their private time. If someone is a really good poker player, they could be living a private life that's very different than what we think. You hope you never get snookered by it. We do as much research as we can, but part of it is just luck. Unfortunately, some time in the future we'll probably be disappointed [by one of our players]. I hope not, but I'm not so arrogant as to believe that it couldn't happen to us.”

Kraft is correct. Blank is not responsible. Upon his drafting, Vick was humble. He epitomized franchise cornerstone. Sadly, his personality materialized. Blank is an exemplary owner. He has improved the Falcons. Hopefully, he will maintain them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home