Friday, August 24, 2007

Junior Retreats, Defends Teresa

Dale Earnhardt Jr.: “I want to say it's about time we give Teresa a break. She makes the decision on that number because she owns it. And as much as I am disappointed and frustrated over the fact that I don't get to keep driving the No. 8, the stuff that I read on the Internet and the stuff that I am hearing is going on, the remarks about her, directed toward her, I don't think anybody deserves that.”

“She hasn't done anything intentionally detrimental to me. I've got a good future, a good opportunity on my hands. She's doing what she needs to do, what she feels like she needs to do. I just think everybody needs to lay off a little bit because she was married to my daddy and I know he wouldn't be too happy about what's going on, what's being said about her. It bothers me a little bit.”

“I hate to see somebody be crucified on the Internet like Teresa has. She's got a daughter that goes to school, who's got friends that she has to put up with that stuff. It's just hardcore, man. People have been really, really rude and really way over the line on some of the things that have been said.”

“When it comes to my driving career right now, I didn't like how it was understood between me and Teresa. We obviously didn't have a good line of communication. We obviously don't understand each other. We obviously don't know much about each other. She underestimates my determination and willingness to give it all I've got. Obviously, I probably know that little about her and her determination.”

“I want the best for DEI, simply put. If there's opportunities for me to help them or if there are programs they want to involve me in that are interesting and are fun for me, I've got interest there and I'm wide open to doing those things because they make sense.”

“But the relationship that I have with Teresa I disliked and I didn't enjoy and I didn't want anymore. That was the only single thing that has made all this what it is today. That will be the one thing I will avoid in the future when working with DEI. I wish I could be in the No. 8. I don't think that's something that goes away or I get used to. The possibilities I'm looking at I like a lot and are pretty cool and I think I can make an identity with.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home