Friday, July 27, 2007

Evernham: Dirty Old Man

Ray Evernham: “I don't think it's any secret that because of the personal relationship between Erin and I it hurt her career. The proper thing to do and something her and I would like to do is move her to another race team. I think the girl has a lot of talent. But if I sit here and say to somebody, 'Look, she's got a lot of talent, you should sponsor her,' my credibility is not good because of the personal relationship. We did our part to not let it affect our performance. What happened was a lot of the stuff that was written and said and reported probably had people form opinions that were necessarily not true. I don't know how you do things differently. I felt we were very professional about everything we did and continue to be. But people are going to draw their opinions based on what the media reports. And that affects sponsorships and the perception of the quality of people you get to work on the car along with the quality of the sponsorship. She's racing really well. Will she ever be Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart or Kasey Kahne? I don't know. But I think she can be the best lady to come to NASCAR I believe in her. We're trying to support her through her ARCA program. She has a lot of things going on. Hopefully, something will fall for her. She's talked to some Busch teams, some Truck teams. She's an excellent ... role model for a female driver. She can get the job done. The bottom line is the best thing for us to do both professionally and personally would be to help her to go to another race team.”

Ray, you are ridiculous. Erin Crocker’s career was injured? Prior to a relationship, you should have considered this. She should exit? Her career is ruined. Your team is dreadful. Your solution is overdue. You cannot advocate sponsorship? You are unbelievable. How should you have acted differently? Avoid the relationship. Media reports inspire opinions? Ray, you are fifty. Erin is twenty-six. One opinion is possible. Erin is a role model? What are you? She should exit? You should have been an owner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home