Tuesday, June 19, 2007

O-rrendous

On Monday, the Baltimore Orioles fired Manager Sam Perlozzo. During his tenure, Perlozzo recorded a 122-164 ledger. Upon his firing, the Orioles stood 29-40. According to Perlozzo, the awfulness is shared. “I'd been in the organization a long time, so I pretty much knew what I was getting into,” Perlozzo said Tuesday. “I felt I could make a difference. I truly believed I was the guy that could do it. I’m sure I wasn't perfect. But I can't remember one time going home at night and thinking, 'Man, I blew that game.”

Since firing Davey Johnson, the Orioles have been a disaster. They have accrued a 683-844 record. They have fired Ray Miller, Mike Hargrove, Lee Mazzilli, and Perlozzo. Peter Angelos is a debacle. He is a rotisserie nightmare. Consistently, Angelos has interfered with operations. He will never cease interfering. He must sell the franchise. If he does not, the Orioles will persist as baseball’s pariah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home